M. C. Dean, Inc. UPS Technician 2 - Des Moines, IA in Des Moines, Iowa
UPS Technician 2 - Des Moines, IA
Location:Des Moines, IA
M.C. Dean isBuilding Intelligence™.We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
The UPS Technician installs, maintains and services UPS systems, batteries, and other critical infrastructure equipment. UPS Technicians are factory trained on all major UPS manufacturer’s equipment such as Liebert, Powerware, and MGE, and perform preventative maintenance work and equipment testing as well as emergency service calls at high profile government, institutional and commercial customers.
• AA/BS degree in Electrical and/or Electronics from an accredited college or university, or equivalent training from field or military position.
• Minimum of three years 3rd party or OEM experience (MGE/APC, Powerware/Eaton, Liebert) or six years of progressively difficult experience in power electronic system maintenance and repair. Prior field experience preferred.
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting complex technical instructions, plans blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
• Strong working knowledge of NEC, maintenance practices, maintenance and supply procedures, and quality control procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex electrical systems, perform damage assessments, estimate maintenance, parts, and manpower requirements, diagnose malfunctions, and employ testing and inspection techniques.
• Use of laptop computer, various software packages and other electronic communication devices will be required.
• Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
• Future training and certification requirements: Various Manufacturer Maintenance Courses, Power Quality Training Course/Certification.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
UPS Specific Certifications
Proficient use of battery test equipment. (Alber/Midtronics/Fluke)
Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledVEVR A A Contractor
M. C. Dean, Inc.
- M. C. Dean, Inc. Jobs