Wells Fargo Quantitative Analytics Spec 3 (Credit Risk Modeler) in Des Moines, Iowa
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework (https://portal.teamworks.wellsfargo.net/rc/CorporateRisk/Pages/riskmgmtfrmwk.aspx) and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
Key responsibilities might include:
• Responsible for model design, development and testing of the PD (Probability of default), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Exposure at Default (EAD) under the framework of Basel III
• Development, design and maintenance of Credit Risk Grades
• Responsible for documenting and presenting detailed model development processes and results, suitable for a variety of audiences.
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested
• Collaborate with key business models users to ensure models are business driven, properly implemented and run
• Respond to ongoing analytical requests from auditors and regulatory reviewers
2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
5+ years of credit risk experience
2+ years of Python experience
3+ years of SAS experience
A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
Machine Learning, Deep Learning using Python, SQL, and SAS
• Masters degree or Ph D in a quantitative discipline such as decision sciences, economics, statistics, finance, and mathematics
• Ph.D. in finance, economics, statistics, operations research, or other quantitative disciplines
• 7 years of experience in credit risk modeling in banking or financial service industry
• Retail Basel III and/or Economic Capital modeling experience
• Background in Mortgage and Auto Risk Management and Analysis
• Demonstrated experience developing PD, LGD models using regression and decision tree models – 5+ year experience required
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and possess a results-driven attitude committed to the highest quality work.
• Possess strong Python programming skills, SAS base, SAS macro, SAS SQL, SAS stat, SAS Enterprise Miner with experience in working with large datasets – 5+ year experience required
• Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries and well developed
• Strong quantitative/statistical modeling skill, documentation and validation
• Develops own creative ideas and can evaluate and endorse other’s ideas
• Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methodology
• Strong experience in Python, SAS and experience managing large files in a shared platform.
• Minimum 5 years of credit risk modeling/analytical experience in banking or financial service industry
• Knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, statistical model development/validation, utilizing best modeling practices and methodologies in the areas of data processing, sampling, model design/specification, model performance assessment, and evaluation testing
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5581490-4
Updated: 2021-06-16 01:44:29.832 UTC
Location: Des Moines,IA
- Wells Fargo Jobs