iHeartMedia News Anchor/Reporter in Des Moines, Iowa
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Prepares and broadcasts news coverage.
• Gathers and verifies factual information through interviews, observation and research.
• Monitors sources for breaking news, e.g., wires and social media.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers, field reporters, partners, and other sources for newscasts following our contemporary style guide.
• Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
• May produce features and interviews as assigned.
• May specialize in a particular field of news broadcasting (e.g. political, traffic, finance or military).
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national news and trends.
• Clear, pleasant, charismatic, and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent contemporary writing, wordsmithing, and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, use critical thinking skills for story selection, and able to multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Spanish a bonus
• Ability to accept coaching and adapt to energetic and contemporary news style and delivery
• 1+ years’ experience in on-air journalism preferred
• 4-year college degree preferred, in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
- iHeartMedia Jobs