UnityPoint Health Financial Advocate-Post Acute Resource Pool in Des Moines, Iowa
As the initial contact to the department/clinic, uses personal skills to quickly build a positive relationship with persons served. Demonstrates ability to effectively manage details by accurately completing registration, verifying payor coverage, processing orders/referrals, maintaining medical record components and completing billing procedures. Effectively manages positive relationships with referral sources and other members of the team. Acts as a resource to the interdisciplinary team, applying skills of the profession to improve outcomes of persons served.
· Communicates with referral sources and various service sites to coordinate care and provide a smooth transition for persons served.
· Creates and maintains an organized work environment. Records, files and maintains current information pertinent to the operation of the department and maintains medical record of persons served.
· Verifies benefits and coverage as assigned. Communicates coverage information with persons served.
· Provides required documentation to payor to assure payment.
· Accurately completes work que management for referrals and reimbursement using appropriate IT systems and software.
· Exhibits an understanding of third party payor processes.
· Uses resources to improve productivity or delegate appropriately. Specifically, works with other clerical staff and volunteers to enhance services, use time wisely and improve teamwork.
· Uses payroll technology to complete processes in an accurate and timely manner as assigned.
· Assists with cleaning, inventory and retrieving equipment and ordering supplies as assigned.
· Reports any questions or concerns regarding compliance immediately to the attention of department or organization/hospital administrative staff.
· Effectively manages supplies through setting and maintaining par levels. Evaluates and adjusts par levels to decrease over stock. Orders additional patient care supplies as patient needs require.
· Manages resources to maintain efficient and effective operations.
· Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and maximize patient experience.
· Completes staffing schedules and coordinates resources as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Outlook. Two years billing, financial counselor, or health care related experience preferred. Must be flexible to learn additional IT applications as assigned. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional educational and lifestyle backgrounds. Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Requisition ID: 2021-92894
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $15.08/Hr.
Name: Post-Acute Resource Pool
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Day shift - 8 hours (24 hours/week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org