Fiserv Enterprise Pursuit Management, Director, GSO in Des Moines, Iowa
Title: Enterprise Solution Strategist – Enterprise Accounts
Functional Purpose: The Enterprise Solution Strategist (ESS) is knowledgeable on a large segment of cross Fiserv solutions and products including their value proposition, competitive differentiation, high level technical integration, future direction and application to a client’s needs. They are responsible for assisting Enterprise Account leader(s) on pan-Fiserv opportunities with all aspects of deal creation, design and pursuit. The ESS is responsible for assisting the pursuit leader in understanding the strategic needs of the client and effectively communicating to clients and prospects how Fiserv solutions align with their needs across the entire enterprise. The ESS is responsible for maintaining communication between the pursuit leader and the solution SME’s from all Fiserv solutions included in the bundled solution. This individual is meant to augment, not replace, the role of the pursuit leader.
Essential Functions (Job Duties)
• Use industry expertise and client’s key business requirements to understand the client’s priorities and identify ways to enhance the client’s business performance with the appropriate Fiserv solutions and services.
• Serve as client’s advocate by elevating the visibility of the client’s requirements and issues across Fiserv
• Assist the deal pursuit leader with determining which competing Fiserv products are a “best fit” for the client
• Recommend the best set of Fiserv solutions to truly meet the needs of the client
• Engage the participant Fiserv businesses in discussions around their participation in assigned pan-Fiserv pursuits
• Assisting with comprehensive solution design by working with participant business units and by leveraging their individual knowledge of Fiserv’s solution set
• Serve as a secondary contact point for the client on issues related to the bundled solution (as back-up to the pursuit lead and client partner)
• Ensure proper alignment and hand-offs to the Solution Delivery team in order to ensure that the implementation team has accurate historical data regarding the deal and client discussions.
• Actively engage as a part of the leadership team for pursuits valued in excess of $1MM (TCV) as assigned by GSO Management
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
• Ability to gain a level of understanding about the majority of Fiserv solutions that is sufficient to enable a presentation to the client or prospect regarding the bundled Fiserv solution and how it will address the true client’s needs.
• Ability to navigate the Fiserv organization and to work effectively across business units and across functions within the company
• Ease and comfort in client-facing situations; strong understanding of banking operations
• Understanding of the deal process and of the Fiserv Way of Selling
• Willingness to operate as a member of the pursuit leadership team
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and presentation-building
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills; the ability to deal with conflict and multiple constituencies and manage multiple simultaneous objectives is imperative.
• Demonstrated past experience partnering with business leadership teams
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Business Acumen – Background in financial services industry or technology, with an emphasis in program management for a large, complex organization.
• Ability to translate strategy into business objectives with clear accountability.
• Demonstrated business-minded orientation with a genuine interest in learning, understanding and contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
• External Focus – Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure they are met. Ability to measure and quantify process and performance through the customer’s eyes.
• Influential Communication – Demonstrated ability to influence at the executive and individual levels. Ability to form productive relationships within all levels of the organization. Ability to listen and “connect the dots” from one area of the business to another. Critical thinking, strategic consulting and conceptualization skills – ability to offer relevant solutions. Ability to forge connections and build consensus between individuals, as well as to pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications
• Clear Thinker – Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Capacity to sift through complex information and focus on the critical few priorities. Ability to define and resolve complex issues where fundamental principles do not clearly apply or where data appear to conflict. Demonstrated ability to research, clearly define, set and execute on a strategy.
• Adaptable / Flexible – Open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and / or to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Builds Trust – Ability to accept and adhere to Fiserv values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others. Capacity to develop and maintain positive relationships that enhance performance of the communication team, and establish trust and credibility in a matrix organization. Committed to timely responsiveness to inquiries from key constituents.
• Team Player – Demonstrated ability to consistently contribute in a team setting. Solid interpersonal skills – the ability to pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex matrix teams across geographic and business unit boundaries.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work can be performed within the office setting or remote. Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
- Fiserv Jobs