Shermco Industries Electrical Test Technician in Des Moines, Iowa
ELECTRICAL TEST TECHNICIAN (Substation, Switchgear)
We are seeking experienced Electrical Test Technicians to work on a 12+ month project in Des Moines IA or Omaha NE. The project will pay per-diem for lodging and expenses. Typical work schedule is 5 days per week (8-10 hour days), plus occasional weekend work. We would also consider project managers with electrical testing background.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low and medium voltage (to 13kV) electrical systems.
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Low voltage panel board testing
- Bus duct testing
- Electrical equipment torque and inspection
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Relay Testing
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Must have at least relevant experience with most of the following or similar:
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Must be able to document test and equipment data with great detail.
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, , NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please