IQVIA Clinical Research Associate Site Manager - Sign-on Bonus in Des Moines, Iowa
(This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus. Must be able to commute daily to our clinic located in Des Moines, IOWA)
IQVIA is changing an entire industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from great people. We look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a better place.
Direct and manage the day-to-day activities of the clinical research office ensuring studies are appropriately planned and resourced and staff are trained and developed to meet the needs of all trials. Assist with the clinical research financials and help track, report on, and proactively manage performance metrics.
• Assist with the Management of training, planning and preparation of new studies including:
• Supervise and coordinate team activities to ensure that team goals are met and to ensure studies are carried out according to protocol, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and applicable guidelines and regulations and within budget;
• Help Plan logistical activity for procedures as per protocol and ensure thorough resource planning;
• Identify risks on study and ensure that actions are implemented to mitigate these;
• Ensure study specific training materials, documents, and records are prepared and deliver or coordinate training, dry runs, simulations and tests as required;
• Oversee the administration and custody of investigational product and comparator medicines according to IQVIA standard operating procedures.
• Help Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include:
• Plan, assign, and direct work;
• Help Appraise performance and guide professional development;
• Help Address employee relations issues and resolve problems;
• Provide training to new staff members on study-specific topics and new clinical skills;
• Ensure compliance with staff training requirements by auditing and maintaining training records;
• Drive quality and process improvement efforts to support control of unit budget, development of the facilities and services and the culture towards a high-performing and efficient team.
• Drive the collection of metrics and dissemination of the results and develop and implement plans to address issues and areas of concern.
• Cover weekend, evening and night on-call responsibilities as required.
• Update and maintain skills, training and knowledge of topics related to clinical research.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Typically requires 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
Requires advanced knowledge of job area, and broad knowledge of other related job areas, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Additional Work Experience
3 years’ relevant experience
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities
In-depth knowledge clinical trials
In-depth knowledge of the principles of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) as per IQVIA mandated training
In-depth knowledge of departmental, protocol and study-specific operating procedures, consent forms, and study schedules
Effective skills in using MS Windows and Office applications such as Access, Outlook, Excel, and Word
Effective written and verbal communication skills including good command of the English language
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Effective organizational skills
Ability to pay close attention to detail
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Applicable certifications and licenses as required by company, country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs