Stanley Acess Technologies Shipping & Receiving Clerk Delhi, IA $1000 Sign-on Bonus in Delhi, Iowa
84766BRTitle:Shipping & Receiving Clerk Delhi, IA $1000 Sign-on BonusBusiness:US - Stanley Infrastructure State/Country/Province:Iowa No. of Positions:1Job Description:
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it’s revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform job in a safe manner
o Escalate safety issues to your team lead, supervisor and/or EH&S coordinator.
o Inspect equipment used as required per policy and do not use unsafe equipment.
o Must adhere to all safety programs including use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Pick orders based on printed order shipping list or shipping request.
• Pack orders in appropriate packaging (boxes, envelopes etc.).
• Invoice orders.
• Diligent material and data processing, performing error-free transactions. i.e. correct P/N picking and invoicing.
• Work with Planners, Customer Service and Receiving to resolve issues as needed.
• Contact logistics/shipping providers as needed.
• Keep work area organized and clean.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement activities and pro-actively identify opportunities to improve processes in your area.
• Help load containers, if required depending on the workload for the day.
• Cross train between truck shipment and small packages and be able to support either, depending on the requirements for the day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Navision and 3rd party logistics provider software programs.
• Knowledge (purpose, content) of common shipping documentation, i.e. BoL, packing list.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral shipping instructions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to coordinate work with supervisor and other departments to insure timely completion of sales orders.
• Ability to handle all materials safely using proper lifting technique, lifting devices (chains, straps, slings), pallet jack, hand truck and overhead crane (where applicable).
• Forklift certification may be required.
• Continuous standing and lifting/lowering.
• Intermittent walking, use of hand/wrist, and bending/twisting.
• Occasionally pushing/pulling, and crouching.
• Never sitting or working at heights.
• Must carry 1 to 40 pounds occasionally.
• 40 pounds or more lifting device available.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Previous shipping experience preferred.
Requisition Number:84766BRFunction:Distribution City:DelhiFLSA (For US Only):Hourly Region:USA EEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:Manufacturing