Cobham Mission TBE Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Aerial Refueling Equipment in Davenport, Iowa
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in designing and conducting analyses of mechanical aerospace & refueling products; includes performing static and kinematic calculations for sizing and function of mechanical components, generating and interpreting mechanical drawings and schematics, and optimizing component performance.
- Works within team to develop predictive component and product performance models.
- Evaluates mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electromechanical components for compliance to customer and regulatory requirements
- Develops test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
- Self-starter that works with others to meet technical, cost, schedule, and other program requirements.
- Works closely with suppliers on component and product development.
- Interfaces with customers as part of development team programs.
- This position will support activities to prepare for and close Critical Design Review (CDR), prepare engineering drawings for procurement, initial builds and testing of aerial refueling fuel system components and installations.
- Prepare and release of technical documentation, including engineering drawings and requirement compliance analyses.
- The position will involve communicating with team members to clearly understand requirements of and define sizing, performance, and location of parts within the AR hose movement system installation.
- Compose assigned test and analysis reports in accordance with Cobham and Customer standards, including compliance statements and gap statements
- Compose assigned test plans and test procedures for mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electromechanical functional performance tests
- Communicate clear status of progress and work completion status
- Support Cobham test engineering in Test Readiness Review preparation and review conduct
- Support Cobham test engineering to perform defined test procedures
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace) or related technical field.
- 5+ years post graduate engineering experience with design and definition of aircraft mechanical or similar components, equipment, and installations.
- Must demonstrate previous aircraft development experience in design, sizing, and specifying aircraft mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electromechanical systems or components.
- Must demonstrate ability in engineering design solutions compliant to customer and regulatory requirements for aircraft fuel or structural components or systems.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Experience presenting technical information to an audience
- Due to export compliance, must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful U.S. Permanent Resident.
- 10+ years engineering experience with design and definition of aerospace or similar components, equipment, and installations
- Experience with requirement compliance matrices and/or requirement verification matrices
- Experience in writing test plans, procedures and reports.
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis.
- Desire to become an expert in aerospace component design and analysis.
- Knowledge of ProEngineer/Creo.
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Job Code: 1568
# of Openings: 1