Cobham Mission TBE Quality Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer to work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will design and implement inspection and testing procedures for our precision, high-stakes Mission Systems products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:*
- Interface with all CMS engineering disciplines and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Provide technical input on quality and contractual issues to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Serve as Quality Representative on Configuration Control Board as necessary.
- Chair Material Review Board and/or Inspection Review Team as Quality Representative.
- Serve as Quality Representative on Integrated Product Teams.
- Serve as Quality Representative on corrective action teams.
- Design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards, and recommend revisions of specifications when indicated.
- Review design concepts and technical documentation.
- Perform necessary tests with equipment and effectively document test results.
- Formulate or help formulate quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Compile and perform various reports and audits.
- May write procedural documents.
- Assist with the implementation of quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- May conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience reading and interpreting technical documents such as blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders.
- Due to export compliance, must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful U.S. Permanent Resident.
- 2+ years Quality Engineer experience.
- Quality assurance related experience in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, standards and regulatory requirements, Government/Military contracts, and GD&T.;
- Ability to operate measuring and gauging equipment, and proficiency in GD&T.;
- DOD and MIL-STD experience.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Military aviation or aircraft modification experience.
- FAA experience.
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with IPC-J-001 Joint Industry Standard for soldering of electrical components.
- 2+ years’ experience IPC-A-610 Acceptability of electronic assemblies.
- Surface Mount technology knowledge
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience.
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Job Code: 1501
# of Openings: 1