Cobham Mission Mechanical Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Engineer that will work as part of our Engineering team responsible for support of our legacy products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide technical expertise to support Manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and Customers.
- Interface with procurement team and suppliers to solve problems and develop new sources for components.
- Participate in integrated product development teams.
- Identify, Design, Prove-Out and Implement improvements to existing products.
- Design products and product improvements in Pro/E, or by working with Designers using Pro/E.
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
- Evaluate proposed engineering changes for technical feasibility and effect on unit performance and reliability.
- Evaluate discrepant components in production or from vendors to determine usability or appropriate repair or rework.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in an ABET Engineering Program
- Minimum of 1 year experience with mechanical equipment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelors of Science from an ABET Accredited Mechanical, Systems, or Aerospace Engineering Program.
- Experience with root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Experience with various manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Experience with evaluating engineering changes for technical feasibility.
- Internship experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- Experience with Pro/Engineer software.
- Experience in writing test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Experience with interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, component drawings, and assembly drawings.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 18-Oct-2018, 3:25:47 PM
Recruiter: Lorie Warren
Req ID: 272134