Cobham Mission Engineering Manager, Product Engineering Group in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking an Engineering Manager to join the rapidly growing Product Engineering Group. The successful candidate will lead a mechanical engineering group within Product Engineering to grow technical and process excellence, develop strategy, foster innovation, and develop and mentor team members. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Lead and manage a mechanical engineering group, with design responsibility for pneumatic equipment design and technical documentation.
- Pneumatic equipment responsibility for oxygen and/or nitrogen generation equipment.
- Responsible for functional excellence and effective day-to-day execution of the team.
- Creates strategic vision for the team.
- Ensures development of team members and continuous improvement of team processes.
- Provides technical support on bids and proposals.
- Provides direction for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an ABET-accredited Engineering program.
- 10+ years of related engineering experience.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Three years of experience in a supervisory or management role.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 26-Nov-2018, 8:32:44 AM
Recruiter: Michael Hamill
Req ID: 275034