WindStream Communications Engineer II-OSP in Creston, Iowa
/"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”/
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Outside Plant Engineers are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Outside Plant Engineers care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Our Broadband Engineers create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with developers, builders and planning boards to help ensure we prepared to install the needed facilities to activate customers on time
- Helping choose a provider for the customer once customers are moving in
- Working hand-in-hand with Engineering, Planning and Construction teams to meet all milestones and commitments.
- Building relationships with developers, builders, planning and zoning boards.
- Working in OSP Field Engineering
- Work with Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Conduct 30% of work in field and 70% in the office on average, may vary.
- Assess situations, seek multiple perspectives, gather information, if neccessary identify key issues, to solve complex problems.
- Organize complex activities for development, implementation and maintenance of large projects
- Utilization of sound Engineering practices.
- Apply strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and perform successfully in a fast-paced environment.
Do You Have?
- College degree in Engineering (EE or Civil, preferred) or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience;
- or 6 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
*Even Better: *
- Design experience with moderately complex outside plant equipment installation, modifications and upgrades
- PMP and/or Six Sigma ceritifications
- Computer software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Custom Planning Tools and Databases
- Ability to stay current with the economical and technological developments in the industry.
- General knowledge of EPM, JobTrac, JD Edwards, GComms and CAD/E systems (Microstation)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream Holdings, Inc., is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Creston
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 21004445
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs