SunOpta Production Worker I- 2nd Shift in Cresco Facility, Iowa
This position is responsible for operation of production equipment associated with the process. Follow written and verbal instructions to ensure production and quality targets are being met. Conduct production activities in accordance with training that has been received. Frequently communicate results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a food safe environment which includes personal behaviors, proper sanitation and maintenance of food handling systems.
- Sets up, operates, monitors and cleans the process equipment to achieve production, yield and quality targets.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Perform routine basic maintenance on process equipment
- Relieve other production team members for breaks and absences as required
- Adheres to attendance and break time policies.
- On the floor, ready to work at the start of the shift (top of the hour)
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties involving area equipment
- Accurately prepares and maintains all area paperwork
- Work with Management team to monitor the operational efficiencies, yields, scrap loss and other key indicators to actively seek ways to improve plant productivity
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma/GED
One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess basic math skills. Be detailed orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 95% of work is performed standing. Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs to 50 lbs and be able to climb and descend staircases and ladders multiple times per hour.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-IA-Cresco Facility
Work Locations: Cresco Facility (1025) 616 6th Avenue West Cresco, 52136
Shift: Evening Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: May 8, 2018, 8:50:02 AM
Req ID: 1800007O