Warren Distribution Warehouse Returns Clerk in Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Warehouse Returns Clerk is responsible for processing and documenting returns of product in a warehouse setting. The individual in this position will review and provide disposition of all products related to the company’s return operations, including rework of non-conforming products.
This position is located in a warehouse environment subject to heat, cold, and dust, and will frequently need to drive a forklift and physically transport products. Moderate to heavy physical labor such as moving and lifting heavy items is required on a regular basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Oversee returns area to minimize accumulation of salvage and ensure efficient rework or disposition of returned products that are damaged or otherwise non-conforming.
• Prepare returns invoices and accurately record return quantity, type of defects, reason for return, and date invoiced. Monitor inventory and document all products moving through the returns process.
• Follow company policy to determine if a returned item should be entered into inventory, reassigned to another job, scrapped, or returned to vendor.
• Communicate and work with team members and internal and external customers to coordinate appropriate disposition or rework of returned products.
• Rework returned product to return to saleable inventory as appropriate.
• Coordinate return shipments and refunds with external customers.
• Using the warehouse management system (WMS) to return product to appropriate locations.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Exhibit familiarity with warehouse work and safety procedures
• Possess physical strength necessary to move and lift heavy materials.
• Safely and efficiently operate a forklift and other motorized equipment.
• Operate a handheld computer unit to access WMS.
• Efficiently and accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• One month related experience, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Must be able to obtain forklift license through Warren Distribution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position while operating a forklift or performing rework and disposition of product.
• Regularly move about and transport products weighing up to sixty pounds when unloading trucks and moving products on pallets.
• Position oneself to retrieve products or materials from ground level.
• Reach overhead to access and break up pallets.
• Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment, including forklifts.
• Must be able to move about in a warehouse to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
• Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual will be expected to work in a warehouse environment, which may include being exposed to work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, dust, and extreme heat or cold.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.