Warren Distribution Blowmolding Set-Up Technician 645pm-645am Rotating in Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Blowmolding Set-Up Technician is responsible for setting new tooling and resolving tooling and manufacturing problems. The individual in this position is expected to identify tooling and machine related issues, identify corrective actions, perform equipment repairs, direct the identification and purchase of replacement parts, and assist supervisors in identifying issues impacting shift performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Take ownership of all on shift mold sets and tooling changes.
• Assist in diagnosing production problems, tooling and machine related issues, and fixing equipment mechanical problems.
• Develop standard operating procedures for tooling changes.
• Ensure effective application of lock out/tag out procedures during tooling changes and replacements.
• Develop and maintain specialty tool change boxes and carts by line.
• Assist team members during startup until quality production is achieved.
• Provide prompt notification of any setup issues.
• Assist with preventative and predictive maintenance tasks.
• Ensure effective and efficient shift-to-shift communications on all shift crossover tasks.
• Perform work order tasks entered into the company’s MP2 computerized maintenance management system (“CMMS”).
• Assist with keeping equipment in like-new condition and with fixing of equipment/tooling breakdowns.
• Train other technicians, operators, and specialists.
• In the absence of the supervisor, assigns, directs, and coordinates machine set up and other operations.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
• Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
• Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
• Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• 3 or more years of related work experience, or a technical degree related to maintenance or other related field, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Remain in a stationary position while monitoring and troubleshooting machines, and performing data entry and timekeeping tasks.
• Regularly move about when monitoring machines, and checking gauges.
• Move and transport material, trim tooling and molds weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Manipulate boxes of product and when using pallet jacks, using force of up to 30 pounds.
• Position oneself when monitoring, assisting in changeovers, or trouble shooting.
• Work effectively atop elevated workspaces to access machines for troubleshooting.
• Reach overhead when performing changeover activities.
• Reach forward when replacing dies and accessing machinery to grasp product off the line.
• Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access machines and catwalks.
• Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment.
• Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
• Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing plant environment, which may include being exposed to work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and extreme heat. Typical noise level is very loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.