Corteva Agriscience Automation Coordinator ($2,000 Sign-On Bonus!) in Cherokee, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Coordinator/PLC Programmer to join our company at our soybean production facility in Cherokee, IA. Come join our team and enjoy top pay, top benefits, and a great work environment! We have a clean, high-quality facility and commit to the safety of all our team members, so we ensure employees go home safely to their families each day.
We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for employees who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds with PLC Programming and Automation experience are encouraged to apply! Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration. Corteva Agriscience™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes strong wages, a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
Never encounter a boring day when you work with us. Our activities and tasks vary with the agricultural season cycle! This role is typically a first shift position, however shift hours can change depending on needs to keep production running.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain integrity of the PLC automation servers and PLC processors at location.
• Troubleshoot and modify ladder logic programs on Rockwell Automation processors using RSLogix 500 and 5000 software.
• Understand the strategy for the Process Control Network operating production locations and is accountable for the implementation of the strategy at the local level.
• Lead and foster the safety culture with team members, and drive maintenance and reliability of the process control network.
• Develop a strategy for PLC automation support for the location which includes training of operators.
• Troubleshoot, communicate and repair automation and instrumentation issues across the facility.
• Assist in the development, installation, inspection and maintenance of new or enhanced mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
• Preventative maintenance conducted on facility equipment/machinery.
• Develop and lead Automation projects including scope creation, planning, ordering, scheduling, and executing projects.
• Utilize an SAP based CMMS to log maintenance records and coordinate work.
• Develop, justify, and implement a long-term Automation Improvement strategy.
• May be responsible for supporting mechanical projects throughout the plant.
The following are required:
• Two-year technical / vocational degree in Industrial Technology or PLC Automation OR High School Diploma/GED and three years of related PLC Automation experience
• Previous HMI graphical interface programming experience using Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View Studio
• Previous experience programming PLC ladder logic
• Previous electrical experience in voltages ranging from 24v to 480v 3 phase
• Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (plant, warehouse, Conditioning Tower)
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 65 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work and to be on call for operations
• Valid driver’s license
• Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills
• Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Understanding/experience with Allen Bradley/ Rockwell Automation
• Willing to complete additional training if necessary
The following are preferred:
• Previous HMI programming experience primarily with Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk Studio
• Previous experience programming ladder logic with Rockwell Automation Logix 500 and Logix 5000
• Industrial Ethernet Networking experience
• Knowledge of electrical panels and electrical troubleshooting
• Advanced degree in related field
• Ability to read blue prints
• Ability to obtain professional certifications
• Training/coaching skills
• Project management skills
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs