CRST International Manager - Driver Training in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CRST Expedited is seeking a dedicated and safety oriented *Manager - Driver Training *to be located in our Cedar Rapids, IA office.
*Job Summary: *Support corporate safety mission through development and implementation of current, relevant, effective training curriculum for delivery to drivers, students, lead drivers, and Expedited staff. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards relating to training of safety-sensitive employees, including training initiatives for entry-level, orientation, recurrent, and remedial purposes. Develop and implement evaluation systems to measure goal attainment. Manage the CRST Orientation and hiring process, remedial training programs and continued education programs for CRST drivers/applicants and Training Staff across CRST Training Facilities nationwide. Coordinate with CRST contract CDL training schools to provide students with the skills necessary to be successful, as well as provide CRST operating companies with drivers that are well trained, and knowledgeable.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Coordinate with outside training providers (i.e., truck driving schools) and Recruiting to facilitate the transition of students to orientation, with an emphasis on meeting requirements for entry-level training and certification of drivers.
- Review of DOT inspections, motor vehicle citations, and accident trends of CRST drivers or equipment to identify trends and prevention/corrective action measures and implement revisions to training programs to positively influence accident frequency and CSA trends.
- Assess the need for, design, develop, implement, and update training and materials for all driver orientation and recurrent training, lead driver training, and corporate safety training. Maintain program integrity through development, implementation, and continual monitoring of evaluations from students, lead drivers, and CRST office personnel.
- Manage and oversee the process, procedure, and documentation requirements for completion of all corrective action and defensive driver training, remedial training, and continued education.
- Develop and conduct training for Expedited office staff.
- Collaborate with Director of Safety/Driver Training and Lead Driver Program Manager on program and staff development initiatives.
- Host weekly Training Supervisor conference calls to enable a uniform and streamlined process within the Training Department, and promote open communication of ideas to improve the training process and reduce accident trends and CSA scores.
- Communicate, through monthly meetings, with CRST contract schools, methods to align training with the CRST environment, measures to lower accident trends and frequency, and measures to reduce CRST CSA scores in each of the 7 B.A.S.I.C. categories. Submit monthly reports to CRST management and respective contract schools.
- Manage compliance and training requirements for the Drug and Alcohol Testing program.
- Oversee completion of 90-Day Introductory, and Annual Reviews on Training Department staff.
- Manage and oversee cost monitoring and reduction of Training Budget. Monitor and oversee the reorder of inventory items and office supplies for site Training Department/Facility and orientation classes.
- Manage updates to CRST Driver, Over-the-Road Handbook and online website postings.
- Coordinate with the CRST Facilities Manager to maintain CRST training facilities/terminals.
- Generate Weekly Reports to CRST Management and communicate a summary of actions completed.
- Travel as required
*Minimum Qualification Requirements: *
- 2-3 years of previous experience in the transportation industry required
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field is strongly preferred
- Certification in a relevant field preferred (CDT, CSS, etc.)
- Previous experience managing others preferred
- Must be able to maintain uniform training across multiple locations and update material as needed to meet industry requirements
- Verbal and written communication skills must be excellent
- Be able to problem solve and make decisions quickly based upon company policy
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of a pre-employment background screening and drug test.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time