UnityPoint Health Intake/Home Care Coordinator in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Unity Point at Home
Home Medical Equipment Intake/ Home Care Coordinator
Cedar Rapids, IA
Monday- Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Full-Time, 40 Hours/ Week
Responsible for coordinating services for patient/customer with UnityPoint at Home; utilizing other members of the home care coordination team as necessary to coordinate services outside of the specialized service line.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Processes all incoming work orders, interviewing client/referral source to secure demographic and financial and qualifying data, and securing verification and authorization of benefits as appropriate.
· Specializes in one or more of the agency’s service lines, yet is responsible for having a basic knowledge of all service lines.
· Directs inquiries and referrals to the appropriate individual and/or service line. Coordinates incoming calls from both referral sources and patient/customers.
Communication- written and verbal
· Initiates and coordinates prior authorization requests to third party payers and maintains a working knowledge of third party payer guidelines. Follows up with third party payers as necessary.
· Operates computer system to record/document and retrieve information to ensure appropriate agency services are provided in a timely manner.
· Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential customers and referral sources.
· Builds and monitors community and customer/referral source expectations and perceptions of UPAH as a high quality provider of services; maintaining excellent customer service
· Assists other Intake/Home Care Coordinators as directed by the Intake/Home Care Coordination Manager.
· Maintains a working knowledge of relevant regulations affecting patients and the operation of our business.
· Performs patient follow up phone calls as directed by manager.
· On-call duties may be required on a rotation basis, weekend and holiday
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong problem solving skills with previous customer service experience.
Basic knowledge of computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel) and operations.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices.
One year of medical experience; preferably in community home health or home medical equipment.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager. In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs
Requisition ID: 2020-82894
Street: 298 Blairs Ferry Rd
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Operations- HME- CR
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday 830am - 5pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org