Shermco Industries Industrial Lubrication Technician in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
INDUSTRIAL LUBRICATION TECHNICIAN
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Lubrication Technician to perform predictive maintenance and equipment lubrication on rotating machinery (fans, pumps, blowers, motors, generators, etc.) full-time at a customer site in Cedar Rapids. Shermco is a member in good standing with EASA and PEARL and is accredited by NETA, PEV, SKF & ANAB. Come join our team!
Why Work for Shermco?
- Shermco is an exceptionally stable and profitable non-union company.
- Strong benefits and compensation package with lucrative overtime plan.
- A growth oriented environment that is upbeat, good morale and team oriented.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; certificate or diploma from a trade school a plus
- 2+ years related experience performing oil sampling and industrial equipment lubrication; specifically with automated lubrication technology
- Must have one of the following certifications: ICML, MLA I, or MLT I
- Prefer training from Noria in Machinery Lubrication
- Knowledge or certifications in PdM technologies including Oil Analysis and Ultrasonic Detection.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Collect and analyzing oil samples from rotating equipment.
- Perform lubrication related tasks on rotating equipment.
- Meet with customers and Senior Vibration Analysts to review and evaluate identified needs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a good criminal background check.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50lbs, safely work around machinery with moving parts, climb ladders, work in all kinds of environmental conditions, stand and walk, use hand and power tools, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods.
- Basic computer literacy with email, word processing and database.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please