UnityPoint Health Greeter in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Initiates positive customer service relations by demonstrating a welcoming personality for patients, family, visitors, and team members. Conducts wellness screening according to organizational and CDC guidelines to ensure our patients, families, visitors, and team members entering our facilities meet the established criteria. Aids in keeping a safe environment in the hospital areas where screening stations are located.
· Promptly and courteously greets/addresses each person entering the facility.
· Ensures screening questions and body temperature scan is performed according to established guidelines.
· Ensures patients and visitors have accurate and appropriate information for the next steps in their visit.
· Assists in transporting and/or escorting patients and visitors to their destination as necessary.
· Coordinates with Security team to address any safety/security issues or concerns.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Prior customer service experience preferred.
Good verbal and written communication skills to include excellent listening and speaking skills.
Problem solving, adaptability and flexibility.
Demonstrates positive communication skills and consistently follows FOCUS Values.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-94830
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Rotating 6 am. - 1p.m and 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org