Transport America Director Business Development in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
_SUMMARY OF POSITION:_
TheDirector of Business Developmentis a developmental position created to drive exciting growth for all Divisions of Transport America. This position will focus on the One Way business made up of Over-The-Road (OTR) and Team Driver solutions. This position will utilize advanced prospecting skills, an outstanding communication competency and vast relationship resources to ensure that the Transport America is growing profitably at or above aggressive plans.
_POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:_
- Excel at providing client focused freight solutions that drive both revenue and operating income.
- Directly sell to domestic and international accounts of all sizes and sectors.
- Create short and long-term strategies for enhanced market penetration and increased revenue through new customer prospecting, acquisition and creative partnerships.
- Act as the voice of the customer by working closely with the Operations and Decision Support Teams to deliver the optimal solutions and financials for TA.
- Work to broaden and expand existing account relationships in an effort to be more competitive and gain market share and improve profitability.
- Utilize market intelligence, strategic planning and relationship building initiatives to ensure that the company is building a sustainable competitive advantage among its competitors.
- Track metrics and use CRM daily to measure progress and success.
- Follow company-wide Business Development practices to ensure organizational alignment
- Be instrumental in building a culture that is team-oriented and is committed to alignment, creativity and winning.
- Maintain a spirit of continuous improvement, determination,respect and positivity.
- Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
_REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:_
- A Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) is required
- A minimum of 6+ years of Business Development experience and relevant industry experience in positions of increasing authority. Trucking Industry experience preferred. Requires a track record of growing market share and exceeding sales goals
- Proven track record of profitable revenue growth that support company strategic plans and short-term sales plans
- Proven sales success through solutions based and fact based selling
- Proven skills in market analysis, critical thinking, prospecting, relationship management, communications, market intelligence and understanding the accompanying key metrics
- Extensive skills in leadership, initiative, creativity and reliability
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Office; prior experience inExcel and PowerPoint a must
- Projects a strong positive image and voice that conveys confidence to customers
- An unquestioned work ethic, willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and work closely with colleagues and team members
- Advanced presentation, business writing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate equally well with company leadership, peers, employees and customers
- Exceptional decision-making skills, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively manage escalations and time critical issues with poise
- An unwavering commitment to ethics with the highest levels of integrity coupled with a focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- The position requires visits to key customers and attendance at trade shows, requiring 40%-50% travel
Department: Business Development
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time