Berry Global PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER in BETTENDORF, Iowa
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The Production Team Leader is a mid-level technical leadership position that is responsible for providing technical, quality, procedural and team leadership.
BERRY GLOBAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow all Berry safety and environmental policies and procedures
· Follow OSHA rules and regulations
· Monitor quality of product; inspects bottles for defects, inspects boxes for damage and properly follows customer pack patterns
· Communicates and cooperates with other employees in a positive and constructive manner to achieve the Goals of the Department and the Plant
· Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines; wear protective clothing, long-sleeved shirt, jeans or slacks, hair net, latex gloves and practices good hygiene
· Willing and able to work overtime when needed
· Identify and report violations and unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel
· Effectively respond in an Emergency Situation such as Fire, and Accident and direct the activities of others
· Follow all Department Procedures and Directives
· Minimize scrap on each machine, verify correct color concentration
· Prepare for and monitor product changeovers, verify line clearances.
· Pack bottles to support packers at breaks/lunches
· Perform Daily and weekly preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
· Complete machine production line reports and stability operations data collection
· Responsible for identifying and reacting to various sounds and alarms
· Assist Material Operator, Forklift Operator, Machine Operator and Inspector/Packers with responsibilities as needed
· Provide appropriate and timely feedback on performance
· Responsible for acting as Production Supervisor on occasion
· All other duties as assigned
· High school diploma/GED or three years of experience with production equipment or six months as a Berry Machine Operator
· Three years in a leadership role or one year as a Berry Machine Operator with shown leadership ability
· Must have the ability to multi-task
· Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
· Must be able to monitor quality of machine output
· Capable of lifting (up to 35 pounds).
· Able to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds and alarms
· Must be able to follow all department procedures and directives.
· Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and effective manner.
· Must have written and verbal communication skills
· Manufacturing experience
· Experience with Stretch/ Injection Blow Molding Equipment, especially Nissei, Aoki, Sidel and Husky
· Computer skills in Word, Excel Power Point and JDE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/9315/production-team-leader/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Job ID 2021-9315
Position Type Regular Full-Time
- Berry Global Jobs