UnityPoint Health Greeter in Bettendorf, Iowa
The greeter will initiate positive customer service relations by demonstrating a welcoming personality for patients, family and guests. Wayfinding is a primary responsibility as well as collecting documentation from patients to begin the registration process and input into the visitor management system. Provides assistance in keeping a safe environment in the hospital lobby by reporting irregularities to security, maintenance or environmental services.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Ensures that patients and visitors are directed/escorted to their destination(s) in a timely manner. When unable to escort provides clear, concise, accurate directions. Demonstrates familiarity with all physical aspects of Trinity facilities and is able to correctly direct or assist to desired locations.
· Answers questions that patients and family members may have about the registration process and provides information as needed.
· Ensures that all patients are processed quickly and accurately to facilitate a smooth patient flow for all departments.
· Demonstrates positive communication skills and consistently follows Trinity Values.
· Understands and follows policies and procedures that affect registration services relating to HIPAA regulations.
· Has good working knowledge of the computer system as it pertains to accessing information and services.
· Screen visitors/patients, adding data to visitor management system and print badges as required.
· Promptly and courteously greets/addresses each person whether present or on the phone. Answer phone within 3 rings with appropriate greeting.
· Willingness to accept instruction and responsibility for job performance.
· Makes a good use of time to achieve maximum productivity, completing all tasks as assigned quickly and accurately.
· Maintains a neat and orderly work area while assuring an environment of safety.
· Insure that signage is visible and helpful to all patients, visitors and staff.
· Assures that wheelchairs are stored in a safe accessible location.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school graduate or GED equivalent
Prior customer service experience preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Good verbal and written communication skills to include excellent listening and speaking skills.
Problem solving, adaptability and flexibility
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-97949
Street: 4500 Utica Ridge Rd
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Patient Access
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.7
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Bett MOB entrance Mon-Fri Noon-5p & Every other Sat 6a-Noon Mol Lobby
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org