Karl Chevrolet Kustom Parts Counterperson in Ankeny, Iowa
Automotive Parts Professional | Karl Kustoms
Karl Kustoms is one of the Midwest's fastest growing speed shops. With this growth, we are looking to add
to our team of quality professionals, individuals who want to succeed. We are currently seeking an
experienced and dedicated parts counterman, who is familiar with the aftermarket field and well versed in
many aspects of the industy. With a full line of aftermarket performance parts, accessories, custom hot rod
shop and full-service machine shop, we offer parts and service to just about anyone and everyone.
This Parts Counterperson is responsible for assisting our technicians and machinists in obtaining the
needed parts and supplies. This Counterperson is also responsible for creating needed repair orders,
scheduling engine dynos and in some cases, contacting customers for additional information or payments.
This individual would report directly to the Parts Manager.
• Dedicated parts counterman, responsible for both our machine shop and hot rod shop.
• Assist technicians and machinists with obtaining parts for jobs.
• Generating Service Repair Orders (RO) as needed
• Processing and pulling parts for Parts Requests sent by techs.
• Ensuring parts are properly billed out on the correct RO
• Handling Payment on certain occasions.
• Special Ordering Parts if out of stock
• Filling out special order requests for purchasing department
• Giving shop(s) an ETA on out-of-stock parts
• Delivering parts directly to technicians/machinists
• Scheduling engine dynos for shop to ensure they're done in order and in a timely manner
• Following through with each job along the way, to ensure customer is being handled.
• Fielding calls for tech support and taking orders as needed.
As a Parts Counterperson, you will be experienced and aware of the latest parts in the aftermaket
automotive field. Below is a list of some factors that may enable your success in this position:
• Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
• Experience as parts Counterman (3 Years Preferred)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Including Excel & Word)
• Strong attention to detail and capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and set deadlines to meet goals.
• Strong Automotive background.
• Parts Counterman 3 years (Preferred)
• Auto Mechanics Background: 3 years (Preferred)
• Automotive Parts: 2 years (Preferred)
• Sales: 2 Years (Preferred)
• Associates (Preferred) - Qualified applicants will still be considered.
Karl Kustoms is a division of the Karl Chevrolet family. We strive for excellence in all aspects of our
company, and we intend on keeping that promise. If you have the qualifications, passion and personality to
help our team continue to be one of the area's leading automotive retailers and are willing to work hard
then we want to hear from you!
We offer an aggressive pay plan and a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K plan with a match, paid vacation as well as additional voluntary benefits.
Karl Chevrolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.