Iowa State University Roofer in Ames, Iowa
Required Minimum Qualifications:• Four years of experience in the trade, including apprenticeship.
Special Required QualificationsValid U.S. Driver's License
Preferred Qualifications:-Factory trained and certified to do warranty repairs on EPDM membranes (ballasted, fully adhered, and mechanically attached (Carlisle and Firestone), Hypalon membranes, modified Bitumen membranes.-Certified in Asbestos Abatement or the ability to become certified within 6 months of hire.
Under general supervision, applies the knowledge and skill of a journeyworker to build, cover, and repair roofs, and performs other work related or incidental thereto.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Makes special and routine roof inspections, locates and repairs leaks in asphalt, asbestos, and slate shingles, tile and built-up roofs and single-ply membranes.
• Replaces asphalt, shingles, and other cold application roofs, and built-up roofs and applies caulking materials and membrane waterproofing.
• Erects and removes scaffolding, assists sheet metal mechanics and carpenters when not roofing.
• Performs all other duties peculiar to, and normally required in the trade of roofer and damproofer, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work, including asbestos abatement.
• Assists in directing the work of apprentices and other held.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the roofing trade.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• Knowledge of roofing tools and equipment and skill in their safe use.
• Ability to safely erect and work from ladders and scaffolds.
• Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, and blueprints.
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures.
• Ability to work at heights.
• Ability to lift 100 pounds.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Apply for this position by clicking on “Apply” and completing the Merit Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter details about your education and work history. If you have questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date:July 20, 2020
Posting Close Time:
This posting will close at 12:00 AM CST on the date listed below. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 PM CST the day prior.
Posting Close Date:September 30, 2020
Job Requisition Number:R2780
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 30,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University’s Principles of Community.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.
If you have questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485. Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email email@example.com or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485. TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942.
General ISU compensation information can be found here: https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation.
All postings close at 12:01 AM CST on the date listed. That said, the posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 PM CST the day prior.