Arctic Glaicer Production Lead in Ames, Iowa
Ames, IA, USA
Monday, February 15, 2021
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
ABOUT ARCTIC GLACIER, LLC
Arctic Glacier is a North American provider of premium ice products and services. For over twenty-five years the company has been bringing more to the party by perfecting the ice making and DSD (delivery) process to provide the purest, most high-quality ice products. Annually, the company produces and delivers over 2 billion pounds of premium ice to supermarkets, mass merchants, c-stores, dollar stores, gas stations, liquors stores, as well as many other commercial and industrial businesses. From its headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and 51 production facilities and 60 warehouses and distribution centers across the United States and Canada, Arctic Glacier services over 75,000 customers.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Lead Man is responsible for providing guidance to Production Associates. In addition, the Lead Man is to ensure that the production line flows efficiently through inspections and troubleshooting operational issues.
Key Responsibilities :
· Inspects bagging machines prior to shift.
· Corrects minor operational issues with baggers.
· Trains new employees on the proper way to stack product on pallets.
· Checks all employees are performing duties in a safe manner.
· Audits product to ensure it is packaged and stacked properly prior to being moved to the freezer.
· Guides new and seasonal employees during peak production months.
· Ensures workspace is clean and organized daily in compliance with all regulations.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
· Minimum 3 years’ working experience in a manufacturing setting.
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role considered an asset.
· Must hold and maintain forklift operating license.
· Must have high school diploma.
· Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. repeatedly.
· Strong mechanical background.
· Commitment to superior customer service.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office products.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ames, IA, USA