Valero Process Operator - Albert City Ethanol Plant in ALBERT CITY, Iowa
Oversees the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Reviews the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Communicates directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
- Maintains QA/QC records.
- Understands and interprets QA/QC results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assists maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to process operations and works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Works in a safe manner at all times.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies. This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
Please click on the following link to view what the Process Operator job involves on a day to day basis:Realistic Job Preview
* High school diploma or GED required. * Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Albert City
Valero's Albert City ethanol plant is located near Albert City, Iowa, about 95 miles northeast of Sioux City. The biorefinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in December 2006. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Albert City plant annually processes approximately 47 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 355,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The biorefinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Albert City
Job Posting: Apr 12, 2021, 11:28:21 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 210016R
- Valero Jobs